Weight control is a highly complex and sensitive issue. With rates of overweight and obesity on the rise, we are now more than ever seeing the impact of obesity-related conditions on the population’s physical, mental, and emotional health and well being.
Although overweight and obesity are generally the result of energy imbalance, meaning energy consumed is greater than energy spent, body weight is the result of genes, metabolism, behavior, environment, culture, and socioeconomic status.
With overall health and wellbeing at its core, our multi-faceted approach allows us to customize a program that will enable you to achieve your weight management goals in order to optimize wellness, decrease weight-related health conditions, and improve esteem.
An all-inclusive center that provides the highest quality programs, tools, support, knowledge, and rescouces available to facilitate and sustain your personal goals through an individually-tailored approach.
- To continually develop and refine our programs and services in order to offer excellence at every level of contact and in every area of care.
- To provide individual attention in a supporting and respectful atmosphere.
- To decrease health disorders related to weight management and improve associated morbidity and mortality.
- To sustain an approach of treating the whole person--physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
- To empower our participants and to aid them in obtaining the knowledge and skills necessary to make sustainable, positive changes that move them to their goals.
What to Expect
At your first visit, you can expect to meet with several members of our professional heath services staff. They will help you to define goals and set clear expectations. They will begin the process of encouraging you, emphasizing that this is not about past failures, but a journey toward permanent healthy life habits. Also, during this first visit you will complete a full screening and risk assessment, which will allow our team to work with you to establish a plan that is not only customized but safe. We will get you started on gentle strength and stretching home exercise program using stretch bands. An on-site personal trainer will be available to those who wish to have professional help with a more formal workout routine. After your first visit, you will have weekly follow-up appointments. During these visits we will monitor your progress, offer support, answer questions, and provide guidance. Additionally, weekly support and education sessions will be available to you in group-style format.
We look forward to working with you!
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday - Closed
915 W. Laurel Ave.
Foley, AL 36535